Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Books that have changed my life

1. Practicing the Presence of God HOLY SPIRIT
  • introduced me to the simplicity of union with Christ, opened my heart to abiding in his spirit, strong constant encounter with God's presence through reading this and practicing. Before this book, the holy spirit came in and out often but now I walk at its lead and live by its constant reality.

2. The Smell of Sin PURITY

  • cut through the lies I've believed about sin- the excuses, the justifications and gave me a Godly view of its destruction and the grace and truth that set me free; Before this book, I resisted owning and seeing sin as sin, and was blind to God's lens of sin's pervasiveness.

3. Spiritual Warfare for Every Christian SPIRITUAL WARFARE

  • Opened my eyes to the spiritual battle element; gave me specific techniques to stand in God's victory: praise, worship, spirit of truth and the word; it also educated me how evil manifests and gave me peace and understanding about my own encounters with illness, bad dreams, etc. Before this, I denied an active "evil" beyond what I could see and what was in me.

4. Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger SOCIAL JUSTICE

  • Gave strong biblical background for God's call to live in a way that enables freedom and wholistically healthy lives for all; Convicts of excess, gluttony, etc and motivates real lifestyle changes. Before this, I questioned the bible's engagement with these issues and how Christians respond to systemic issues.

5. Invitation to Silence and Solitude SABBATHS

  • Allowed me to be more authentic, vulnerable and blunt with the Lord; being still surfaced things I would try to hide from in myself; gave me freedom in feel and be with the lord more intimately. Before this, I think I could "hide" a lot in bible studies, devotionals, even prayers and avoid acknowledging myself. It wasn't intimacy for I wasn't giving myself or recieving the Lord fully.

6. Bill Johnson's Bethel Sermons FAITH

  • Opened the door to my faith, my participation in the kingdom. Did I not know that the temple of the Holy Spirit was in me? Did I not see how my standard was the world/disappoints and not theology? Big Faith Builder, Lots of Truth and Open Doors for Dreaming and Wanting More of God's Ways to Reign in my life.

7. Boundaries LOVING

  • Revolutionized my understanding of loving/helping people and how to see my self

No comments: